This is a great start to the day, or a very good recovery drink.
Ingredients (makes a pint)
- 250ml milk (tastier option) or water (healthier option)
- Half a frozen banana (to freeze; peel, break into chunks and freeze in a bag)
- One heaped tablespoon of natural meal supplement
- One tablespoon of honey or maple syrup
- Two tablespoons of oat bran
- Two tablespoons of peanut butter or handful of frozen blueberries
- One tablespoon of natural yogurt (optional)
Whizz everything together in a smoothie maker or blender.
Frozen bananas work best as they compensate for the warmness of the dry ingredients. You don’t need yogurt, but it makes a thicker smoothie. Sometimes we add fresh mint.