Porridge of champions
The perfect cyclists breakfast. Slow release energy, tasty and healthy.
Ingredients (serves one)
- 250ml milk (tastier option)
- 50g jumbo rolled oats
- One heaped tablespoon of natural meal supplement
- One tablespoon of honey or maple syrup
- Two tablespoons of sultanas
- One tablespoon of dried cranberries (we use Craisans)
Heat the milk, oats and honey / maple syrup together in a pan, on a low heat, for about 10 mins. Or until bubbling, not boiling. Near the end, put the other ingredients in.
Sometimes we add sliced banana, jam and / or peanut butter. If you want to be really healthy, use half milk and half water, but it won’t taste as good.